CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 7, 2007

I miss my friend!


Out of all of her children my mom probably didn't expect me to cry myself to sleep. Okay, well maybe she did, it would either be me or Luke. But I did. It's been a while since I've cried myself to sleep. I think it was in July of 2006. And to answer your question... yes, both times it was for the same thing. I miss my friend. I miss my best friend. I've heard that the last year is easier than the first year of having your "missionary" out serving. Some parts are, some parts aren't any better. I still miss him everyday. I found a quote a few months after Garan left and it sums up exactly how I felt. "I miss you when something really good happens, because you are the one I want to share it with. I miss you when something is troubling me, because you are the one who understands me so well. I miss you when I laugh and cry because I know that you are the that makes my laughter grow and my tears disappear. I miss you all the time, but I miss you most when I lay awake at night and think of all the wonderful times we spent with each other; for those were some of the best times of my life." That sums up my night. Last night it wasn't easier the second year. I really have enjoyed the past 14 months, for the most part. It's just one more of those bittersweet things in my life. I have done things that I never could have down with him here. He's happier than he's ever been and I'm learning so much about myself and about life. I am grateful for the experience, but am ready for the next 10 months, okay 298 days to fly (not that I'm counting!) :)

3 comments:

Chandie said...

Jess, I love you! Gar misses you so much too ~ you are both so perfect for each other...I miss him often too, call me whenever you need to chat k?
P.S. I love that pic of you two... so cute, so happy, so in love :)

pamelasue said...

Ahhh Jessie, Sweet and exactly right. Wish I knew how to help but I know from experience, both as "waitee" and as a mom,that there just isn't anything anyone else can do. It just hurts and then you go on! Hang in there. I love ya! Pam

Jons and Celeste Leigh said...

Jess! I found your blog! You and Garan are my absolute favorite! He is going to be home so soon! I miss you both!