CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Always Think Before You Speak!

So, of course everyone knows you should think before you speak. I know it too, but sometimes I forget. It's fun to be a teacher, because you get lots of fun and many times inappropriate comments. I was teaching a lesson on mode, median, and range for math and thought of a fun anticipatory set (something to get my students involved at the beginning of the lesson). I said, "I'm new to Las Vegas. What do you think my favorite thing is about living here?" A little background was that we were going to create a pictograph of favorite fruits in the class and then find the mode, median, and range of that graph. One of my students shouts out, "THE STRIP!" I immediately say, "No, it's the fruit." P.S. The fruit is very good and inexpensive here so I've been eating it like crazy. :) We quickly moved on and began to graph our favorite fruits, but that fabulous little student caught me a little off guard. I learned two things from that situation. 1. I need to think of ALL of the possible answers to my questions before I ask them. and 2. I think I need to take some time and get to The Strip.

3 comments:

ClaysJenna said...

The Strip..Love it!! Nice save, no the fruit and move right along:) Love kids huh!!

Chandie said...

Strip... hahaha... and YES you need to see the strip, just the "family friendly" version. It's SOOO fun!! I wish I could show you myself!! :)

pamelasue said...

That is funny! I am jealous for the fruit! That is my favorite part of summer!mmmmm Can't wait.